Friday, May 16, 2008

Sailing along

Weeks are going by quickly now. Overall I am feeling better. Because of my busy travel schedule looking for a new job- I have to miss my 12 week doctor's visit. I got a little worried, wanting some reassurance that you are growing well. I decided to take matters into my own hands. It is common for doctors to do this, something about our training. Anyway I stopped into the ECHO lab one night last week after work. I used the ultrasound machine that we use to do heart exams. The first few moments were exciting. I saw the uterus immediately. Now keep in mind I have NO baby ultrasound experience. Then I was able to see your heartbeat- very cool. Later I manipulated the probe where I could see you from head to toe! And the little hands and toes were waving! So that was the very first time I laid eyes on you. Amazing to me that you are inside my belly, moving around and growing day by day. Last night as I was falling asleep I was thinking of how cool it is to carry you with me, everywhere.

No comments: