Tuesday, November 25, 2008

LeRoy Blinn

We received very sad news this afternoon. My grandfather passed away. He had been ill for several months, and died peacefully under Hospice Care with family at his bedside. I am really going to miss him.



LeRoy Blinn served in WWII and was a proud Veteran. He worked as a drafter for Massey Furgeson in Detriot Michigan. He was an active member of the Masons, and he loved his Masonic friends and participating in chapter events. He grew to be a jolly old man, and when he was still active had a regular routine of places he would stop and visit with folks in his hometown. My husband asked me what I will miss- my answer was his smile. The way he laughed and grinned when talking to you- as if he had been waiting the whole day just to learn that news, hear that story or spend time with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad that you remembered Grandpa in your blog. I just wish he could of lived long enough to meet Zachary. It makes me happy to know that Grandpa knew that Zack had come into this world before he passed. I can't wait to hold him and give big kisses.