Friday, April 25, 2008

Baby- the awakening

It really was a process. On the ultrasound day we had such great news! Everything looked perfect, could not have asked for more. That afternoon I felt a bit in a fog. It was strange letting it all sink in, yet being at work where being pregnant is very much a secret.

After work Brian and I went out for dinner- it was my birthday. We went to Cafe Natasha's a Persian Restaurant near our house. It was a beautiful evening, the temperature was in the 70's with a light breeze. Pleasant well until sunset, we sat outside in the sidewalk cafe. When we returned home we got on the telephone to share the good news. Grandma was first. She was very surprised, and apparently happy.

"I am so happy for you, I am so happy for Brian, I am so happy for ME!"

Her response was very cute. Grammie next then Great-Grandma and Grandpa Blinn. Finally Jeff- who was so happy he was speachless. If you know your Uncle Jeff you know that does not happen often.

All of these people anxiously awaiting your arrival. We love you already. Especially your Dad- who now looks at me in a special way. Preparing for a trip out of town, this morning he said, "Now you two travel carefully."

In quiet moments I think back to the heartbeat we saw on the ultrasound. Your heart is beating inside of me. A concept that still blows my mind. Weakened by constant nausea, fatigue and tightened waistline I am still struggling a little. It is time for celebration- pausing in the wonder of the life that is changing my body. Feeling the spiritual alignment of those who even at the first thought of you welcome their role in your life. Grandmother, grandfather, uncle, father.

No comments: