Sunday, April 27, 2008

My body the epicenter

Since the big reveal- loving family members all want to know what is going on with the baby. How are you feeling? Are you nauseous? Do you feel tired? Does your belly seem different?

They are all so excited, and the new life will change each of theirs in such a wonderful way. All joy. It is just strange to be at the epicenter of this anticipated event. In case it was not obvious yet- this is much bigger than myself. I feel a bit like a vessel, or an artist given a very important commission.

I continue to contemplate the life within me- and my connection to it, the impact the baby has had on the anticipating grandparents acts as a mirror. Through their eyes and smiles I see beauty and wonder. They know, from the memory of the birth of their children what is to come.

No comments: